Saturday, September 17, 2011

Not Big on Pink


Happy Saturday! It's Sharon, from Designs by Sharon. I am your hostess this week. This week's challenge is titled: 'Not Big on Pink' . For those who know me, I am a girl-y girl. I love flowers, ribbons, buttons, and all shades of red/pink. When you see my paper crafting samples, you can tell right away I like shabby chic, and feminine images. However, I have girlfriends who don't even like pink! Crazy, I know. So, for this paper craft challenge, I want you to use any shade of blue, and just a touch of pink. If you need a number, think 1/5 or less in pink. You must also incorporate some texture, (ie: fabric, ribbon, floss, etc) and a metal piece (ie: brad, push pin, charm, etc.). Make something pretty without going over the top in pinks! Heather Hilliard of House Beautiful circa Oct 2011, said that, 'A bright, happy blue becomes very sophisticated when paired with a neutral'. So, if you find you're having a bit of a struggle, let Heather's words help guide you. And most of all, have FUN!

Now, check out what this fabulous design team have created! And we would love to see what you create, too!
Guest Designer - Lenet Mos



Sharon Wheet - Designs by Sharon



Linda Coughlin - The Funkie Junkie



Kristin Tierney - LilyBeth Boutique


Lori Rider - The Diva Stamper


Anne Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne



Marjie Kemper - She Who Stamps and Scraps



Vicki Burdick-It's A Stamp Thing


Jennifer Rzasa - Our Change of Art



(my metal is a piece of thin wire between the floss)

Tui Nathan - Stampin Time



Holly Kean - Kean On Paper




6 comments:

  1. Ooo - I LOVE this challenge! The DT cards are amazing as always. Lots of shabby goodness and some CAS too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge and I love Sharon's advice that pairing a bright blue with a neutral makes it sophisticated! BTW...I love pink too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The DTwork is fab! And the touch of pink was just the advice I needed for my rather pale card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely design team work! I'm so glad you guys are back again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you're giving us little extras thrown in on your challenges-very challenging ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Selection of DT Cards xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx