Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Shabby Chic Theme

Hello, my name is Susan Butler (aka scrumplescrunch), and welcome to 'Our Creative Corner' I am delighted to be your Hostess for the next two weeks. I would love you to join in, I am excited to see what you make and pay you a visit.

Thank you to all who entered Meihsia's 'Photo Inspiration' last week, now don't forget to stop back and visit on Wednesday to see who will take home the Top Talent Award.  It could be YOU!

So the theme this week is unequivocally 'Shabby Chic'.  This means the shabby part of Vintage!  The challenge requires you to pull elements together, the more old/ worm and distressed the elements/ images the better; muted colours, layers, roses, burlap and pearls.  You do not have to use all of these elements. The effect you are aiming for is a soft warm Palette.

And if you have found your way to us for the first time, keep scrolling as you will be impressed with the cards that are on show for your inspiration from our own Dt's.

Susan Butler - scrumplescrunch

Holly Kean - Kean on Paper

Anita Houston - The Artful Maven Haven

Meihsia Liu - Simply Paper Crafts

Tui Nathan - Stampin Time

Anne Marie Hile - Stampin' Anne

Vicki Burdick~~It's a Stamp Thing

Sharon Wheet - Designs by Sharon

Linda Coughln - The Funkie Junkie

Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts


Irena Kowalczyk/Rudlis - love, life and crafts



12 comments:

  1. Fun challenge! Hey, please come check out my NEW Close to My Heart color dare and join in on the fun. We started yesterday. colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com

    Thanks!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing DT work - love the shabby chic theme!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work from the DT! Great challenge for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should really have paramedics on standby when I open this blog!!! CRIPES...they're ALL gorgeous....
    Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait to play!
    Thank you so much ladies for the goreous, nearly heart stopping, inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, you're right, Sue! Gorgeous work by the DT! I'm hoping to enter a card, although I'm not skilled at Shabby Chic. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo!!! What beautiful projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the fun challenge! My card may be a bit too CAS to be Shabby Chic, but the colors and distressing are there! Gorgeous samples, by the way...yummy!!! Blessings, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous challenge girls!
    But your creations are totally AWESOME!! WOW!! what brilliant inspiration! thanks hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real challenge for me Sue,,,, but I've had a go. Infact I've got a second idea in mind!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first entry at your challenge site. Thanks for the great challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx