Thursday, August 22, 2013

'Recipe' Top Talent


     Welcome back to another Top Talent spotlight at Our Creative Corner!

   This time we are shining the spotlight on the winner from the 'Recipe' Challenge hosted by Jenny (Buttons)...The Our Creative Corner team are so happy to be  welcoming Kasia from Papierowy Wymiar. 
 


     And today you are in for a treat.....Kasia has made not just one item - She made two gorgeous mini albums to be in the spotlight today for you to see......but before we show you those wonderful creations - let's all find out a little bit more about this very talented lady.....

    

1.) Where do you live?
I live in northern Poland, near the Baltic Sea.

2.) What do you enjoy most about crafts? 
I really enjoy  creating albums and layouts  ( my son is my greatest inspiration :))  I wanted to keep memories for my family and this is the reason why I started scrapbooking. Also, self-made gifts are the most precious. I love making (and receiving naturally ;)) the little self-made things.

3.) What is the one creative item you couldn't do without?  
 It's cardboard  :)  I never throw cardboard boxes away so I always have basis for albums or others projects. In general, I like using recyclable materials in my creations, many items found around the home can be used for projects.

4.) Are you a day-time or night-time crafter?  
 I would rather scrap in the morning but I should say, I am free-time crafter ;)

5.) What is the most satisfying/exciting..... the designing or the end result?
Hmmm...  to be honest, I don't know ;)   Generally, when I have an idea for some creation, I sit and make it. I don't like working on something for long (except crochet ;)).  The most my  projects were made in about few hours.  The end result is of course important, however, the whole fun consisted in creating. I need to admit that I really love challenge. Why?  I made my best project (i.e. those which I like most ;)) when I had to use enforced elements or colors in my creation. 

6.) What other hobbies or talents do you have that you'd like to share with us?
I love reading ... I can read all the time and everywhere.  And I am old-fashioned about it, I don't like e-book reader. I really like the smell and feel of books ;)  What else? I love surrounding with green. My husband always says that we live at the jungle (and the library ;)) but I think he overdoes ;) My first and biggest love  was cacti and succulent plants and still is. I am collecting them. I also love some old stuff (read 'junks' ;)). My big love is old chairs. Unfortunately, our apartment is too small for many of them.

7.) Any inspirational words you can share with us?
What can I say? You all make so amazing creations! If I may say a few words: inspiration is all around you. You don't need cool papers to make beautiful project. Take a look around, take cardboard or old envelope, some paint, few buttons, old fabric and just scrap :)



        And now lets take a peek at Kasia's stunning albums in the spotlight.........


                       























        Thank you so much Kasia for being here today in the Top Talent Spotlight and creating such beautiful albums for us......


    Please go along to Kasia's blog and say "Hello"....Take a look at how she made her 'Spotlight' album ....along with all her other brilliant creations - I am sure she would love to see you there! -  Papierowy Wymiar.



      

                  
     Would you like everyone to see your work here under the 'Our Creative Corner' Spotlight? You could be here as a future 'Top Talent' with the spotlight shining on something you have created! All you have to do is enter Alison's  Words, Words, Words challenge.  There is one more week of her challenge left, so why not have fun creating! Make anything you like - containing
text of some kind, typed or script, handwritten or printed but remember that the words/text must take centre stage....
         
      We all hope you will come back to see us on the 1st September when Anne will be presenting her challenge for all of you.... See you then!

7 comments:

  1. Gosh! Another brilliant album! I so loved reading the Q&A and having a closer look at your latest creation, Kasia! Thank you for being our spotlight!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased I picked Kasia and she has once again demonstrated how clever and talented she is. I adore both of these albums so much. Thank you so much for standing in our spotlight. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just been over to Kasia's blog - these albums are stunning and they have so much dimension! I loved reading a bit more about Kasia too and learning where she gets her inspiration from. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hearing all about your take on crafting Kasia. I'm off to look at the blog now I'm so inspired by your outlook! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing scrapbook, made all the better by your adorable kiddo. It really is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to hear some more about your creative life, Kasia - and somehow I knew you had to be a book and plant person!! Gorgeous albums - such wonderful creations...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much :* Thank you all for such pleasant words :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx