Saturday, February 8, 2014

No More Shopping Sins! - Winners and Top3

Servus and welcome back! Claudia here to announce the winner and Top3 of my "No More Shopping Sins!" challenge.

I can tell by the great number of awesome projects you entered that you enjoyed using some of your hoarded stash as much as the team and I did ;)
A huge Thank-You once again to all who joined in - I enjoyed visiting each of your blogs - seeing your creative makes and reading your "confessions". Now that we know that we are not alone in this, we can "sin" a lot easier, can't we? *giggle.


Thank you so much to Crafty Individuals for being our sponsor this month. The winner of the prize was chosen by Random.org and the lucky winner is........

No 74 - pearshapedchris!

Well done! Please send us an email and Laura will send the prize to you!


   And now - without any further ado - to the winner and Top3 I chose (and it was definitely hard choosing....good gracious - you all really rocked that challenge):




And my winner is





I adore the couragiously clear and striking design of this card and especially the fact that the pure black colour she used for her selfmade background plays a main role in this make. I also love the heat embossed texture she created with the marker cap - it's as genius as it is simple and I love this kind of out of the box thought stuff! I especially like that her card follows a rather "simple" design, but as it is not a "clean and simple" make all the distressed edges, tiny elements  and textures (brush strokes, eyelet and shiny heat embossed circles) step forward and become the key to this intriguing design. Artful card making at its best!



My Top3
 (in no particular order)





In my opinion it is one of the most difficult things to use stamps that are as dominant as this one is without letting added elements look unimportant for the whole design and just...well..."added". Pia did an excellent job on her card as the clear quote and the highly textural ribbon formally even enhance the impression of the stamped image! An awesome card!




As a great admirer of Barbara's talent to work with vivid colours combined with highly graphical elements this wall hanging is once more proving her ability to create the most impressive "mini posters" as I call them. Having learned a bit about lay out and poster design I especially adore this quality on most of her gorgeous makes. I recommend you hop over to her blog (and of course to the blogs of the other winners too) to check out the details like the colour sprinkled butterfly or texture embossed silhouette.





Shirl worked her magic with bees wax on this gorgeous hanging and I love the warmth and softness that come with her make (and as a lover of insects I love the bees theme too ;)! And take a closer look: the way she created the hanging for her tiny bees wax collage is just so stunning cool - I HAVE TO try this too as it is not only ecology-minded but also veeeery creative and perfect for paper crafts or any other mixed media projects! A brilliant idea for recycle art, isn't it?

*

My sincere congrats to the winners! Please, feel free to grab the badge for display on your blogs! 

***

Our current challenge "Just Three Colours" - hosted by lovely Jenny (Buttons) - has just started, so you can join in the fun! (please, make sure you read the challenge theme properly)!
By joining the challenge (with a make that follows the theme and our challenge rules) you could win and thus become our Top Talent here at Our Creative Corner or one of our Top 3!
You could even end up with a wonderful prize from Nicecrane Design! Can't wait to see you entering the new challenge! 

Claudia x

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! Badge now proudly displayed on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the very worthy winners. Beautiful work. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to the lovely Chris on her win! Wow, the Top 3 are certainly worthy winners, each of the entries is beautiful - many congratulations to Pia, Barbara and Shirl and well done Claudia on making your choices, it must have been difficult with so many beautiful entries! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks so much girls!!!!! I'm happy that you likes my little mixed media canvas!!!! this is one of my experiment! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to the winners - fabulous work. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations everyone - wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Claudia - thank you so much, I'm so pleased to see my card here - thank you for liking it so much!! Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to all the winners! Such fun to use up some of those shopping sins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous projects - what difficult choice it must have been! Congratulations to all the winners.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo! woo! I'll try not to make my prize a shopping sin! Congratulations to the real winners - all wonderful entries, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx