Thursday, December 18, 2014

Tando Sponsor Spotlight No.2

Hi everyone!


Welcome to the second of this month's Sponsor Spotlights!

This month our Sponsor is Tando Creative and there is a wonderful prize waiting to be won by a randomly selected entry to our challenge this month!



                            Here is what I have chosen to make with some festive Tando goodies


And here is my finished creation...


I adore Folk Art....it is such a homely, comforting look for Christmas that I decided to base my decoration of the Christmas Scenelit on this iconic style. It's simplistic layers certainly made it perfect for this

Now where to start....the scenelit is in layers to give depth so I started at the back and worked forward. I chose a set of muted dark Christmas papers that I felt captured the muted Folk Art colours well.

I chose a navy sky effect full of swirling snowflakes and glued it to the back board


The next layer had the moon attached so I covered that with ivory paper that had postmarks and snowflakes on it. I added some faux stitches with permanent fine marker



The next later was the trees - so I chose a green paper that was marked with music notes. Again I added the faux stitches and topped the trees with texture paste and gesso that was sprinkled with Rock Candy Distress Glitter.



The next layer was the largest house - I chose a peach coloured paper and cut out windows in ivory card to stick on - colouring around the edge with a black brush pen and drawing the diamond window panes with fine marker.


The roof was covered in brown paper and topped with gesso and glitter. The same was done for the next layer which had the nearest house. This house was covered in darker red paper.

This layer also had the fence, gate and tree....

 I painted the tree, fence and gate with Chocolate Pudding and French Roast Fresco Paint.


The tops on the gate and fence were dabbed with texture paste and sprinkled with glitter. 


 The tree was dabbed with gesso and then had diluted white acrylic paint spritzed over it.


The bells on the gate were decorated with gold paint and the bow made from Copper Liquid Pearls


The holly was cut from a printed picture and was also used on the fence


The snowman was cut from card. I drew the face on with pen and dabbed around the edge with vintage Photo DI and a touch of Tattered rose for a hint of blush. I cut the hat and scarf out from pattered paper and stuck to the snowman. The twig hands were cut from card and inked with Gathered Twigs DI.


 I then stuck the Snowman onto the scenelit and dabbed texture paste around him covering the bottom of the frame while the rest of the frame was painted with White Acrylic paint. A sprinkle of Rock Candy Distress Glitter added to the snow effect with its wonderful frosty sparkle


I had stamped a sign with the words Merry Christmas. This was edged in Old Paper and Vintage Photo DI. I then added some faux stitches around the edge.


Folk art is quite a rustic shabby look, but seeing the layers around the edge didn't work for me...while I love a shabby look I do need an element of 'neatness'....so I got out some tissue tape that was covered with script and stuck this around the edge



I wanted a way to hang this scenelit up with all our other Christmas decorations that I add to year after year!


So I drilled a hole into the scenelit and tied some twine through it

and I couldn't resist it...a lovely folk art style Gingham bow....

And there is my Mini Christmas Scenelit...already hanging up and looking wonderfully festive...such a lovely keepsake to treasure for years and years...



If you like Tando items then why not enter our current challenge - one lucky entrant will receive some Tando goodies! What a wonderful treat!

And of course you could always be the winner of the challenge and be invited to be our Top Talent. You could be basking in the spotlight right here at Our Creative Corner!

All you have to do is enter the Have Yourself A Merry LITTLE Christmas - ATCs and ATBs hosted by Alison - Come and share your Festive ATCs and ATBs with us!

There will be one more festive Tando Spotlight to visit this month on Christmas Day!!! Hope you will come back to take a peek!
Happy Crafting!
Laura x

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful keepsake you have created, it's so lovely. I too love this style..thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and agreat use of the product

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, with a lovely christmas feeling!! Hugs, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Laura! I love all the snow and glitter you added! The different shades and colours you used really give the scene depth! What a fabulous Christmas decoration! holiday hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really made something out of this kit! It's absolutely stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, this scenelit is just darling- what a sweet decoration to hang! Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, what a wonderful version of this mini Christmas scenelit!!! Mine (Laura you can see it here http://scrapcocofolies.canalblog.com/archives/2013/12/07/28567471.html if you are curious) was cute too I think, but very different.. :) This is a real pleasure to look at yours, I had loved working with this Tando kit! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura this is wonderful.... I love the folksiness also... great take... love the navy sky... great project. working on small houses myself... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Laura, it looks so festive and pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, this is outstanding! It reminds me of American folk art - surprise, surprise! I km do,love the colors.
    Happy New Year sugar!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely LOVE how you transformed this plain and simple Tando scenelit into this festive Christmas scene! Gosh, how hard was it to paint and color when nothing comes apart?! Oh, that would be a challenge for me--not being able to rip things apart! ;) Just lovely, Laura!! A wonderful Christmas home décor piece for Christmas seasons to come!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx