Thursday, November 22, 2012

Top Talent Thursday




Welcome back to Our Creative Corner.

Please welcome and congratulate our Top Talent for this Thursday CHRISSY (Chrissy's Cardland).  Who was our winner of 'Simple and Clean Kitchen Challenge'
The thrill for me, is Chrissy is from NZ, and as you all know I am too!

You are privileged to have two Kiwi's, one presenting and one showcasing..... How lucky are you!
So without further discourse from me, let us learn a little bit about her.

1.) Tell us, where do you live?
I live in Beautiful New Zealand…Napier, on the East coast of the North Island..
Sunny Hawkes Bay it is known as too…
(I concur; it is a pretty city with Art Deco architectural influences.)

2.) How long have you been crafting and what made you start crafting?
My daughter was impressed with some cards she found, and wanted to start card making, so I joined her about 5 years ago now…she quit…I didn’t…but I did venture off into another direction with scrap booking….but then came back to cards 2 years ago.

3.) If you could have anything you wanted, what would it be?
To be serious…my eyesight…I’m nearly blind in my left eye.. but in crafting goodies….dies…I have seen so many gorgeous dies, and I NEED them all…

4.) We all make mistakes!!!!!what is the most common word you utter instinctively to ease the crisis?
Is this an R18 blog…maybe PG should be recommended…but my usual comment is a very loud “YOU IDIOT”…and bang the desk.. which makes the dog look up and the bird shudder.. lol.. I’m very loud…then I say “CALM”….BE CALM CHRISSY and sort it out quietly...CALM is my favourite word.
(Gosh Chrissy, ‘CALM’ is not a word in my vernacular!)

5.) Is there anything unique you would like to share with us about yourself.?
( It could be a fun thing.)

Don’t know if I’m unique in anyway…But I do have the ability to make people laugh and feel better very quickly…as a caregiver you have to be happy don’t you.. not one of my clients are sad anymore…and I’m proud to say it is because of me…poor devils don’t get a chance to be unhappy…lol..

6.) Do you pre-sketch a design or do you just wing it? How long does it usually take you to make a project?

I wing my way everyday…I never sketch or choose papers first or pre decide what colours I’m going to use…if a new image comes along I just do it.. ideas just pop into my head when I sit down..
My cards are pretty simple and they take from, starting to colour to propping up on my side board ready to photograph…probably an hour or less.. depends what’s on TV..
The fancier ones can take half hour longer I suppose…I like to make 1 card a night if I can…to keep ahead for DT commitments.. I’m on seven…so pretty busy.
(A for amazing.)























Chrissy's Blog:
(Chrissys Cardland)
Commendable cards Chrissy and thank you for being our 'Thursday's Top Talent' and sharing such wonderful inspiration with us!

If you want the chance to be part of Top Talent Thursday on Our Creative Corner, then just join in our current Challenge here, you still have some time to participate.

Smiles:)
Sue.


"The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it."
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me Sue...loved reading your post and seeing my cards up there, really enjoyed the experience,and feel very honoured..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Chrissy! Lovely to read some more about you and your crafting. I can well believe your clients are happy to have you in their lives - a visit to your blog always leaves me with a smile and a warm heart!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Chrissy,

    for letting us have a look behind the (blog-)curtain! I enjoyed reading about you very much!

    die amelie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissy, its lovely to get to know another new face. Enjoy being in the wonderful OCC limelight! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissy you are a hoot! So funny that two people so far across the big pond from each other are both uttering, 'idiot' to ourselves. LOL... I'm fond of knucklehead too. Really loved the answers on your interview and your cards are beautiful inspiration!
    So happy to have you at Our Creative Corner as our Top Talent!
    hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissy, it's so great to have you as our Top Talent!!! Love your beautiful creations! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx