Saturday, November 22, 2014

Autumnal Image Inspiration Top Talent






Welcome back to another Top Talent spotlight at Our Creative Corner!

This month we are shining the spotlight on the winner of the 'Autumnal Image Inspiration' Challenge that was hosted by Claudia!

Claudia selected Bonnie as her winner and so we are thrilled to be welcoming Bonnie as this months Top Talent - for the second time!!!

  Will Bonnie be the first person to win the Gold Winners Badge?

 
Before we show you Bonnie's stunning creation,  let's just spend some time finding out a little bit more about this wonderful lady.....



1. How long have you been crafting and what made you start crafting?

I have been crafting really since I was a small child… loved paper dolls and would design new outfits and then also new ‘folders’ to keep all them in… sometimes I would even draw the paper doll.. I loved to draw. So I would have to say around 7-8 …. But then my best friend and I painting my Mom’s kitchen with finger paints when we were 5 so maybe that was my first crafting experience??? What do you think??? Interior Designing at the age of 5. LOL



2. What is the most useless item that you have purchased for your craft?

Some Die cuts that I have not used and most likely won’t… But mistakes are so we can learn… and I have since re-evaluated ‘toys’ and equipment that I purchase… how many times am I REALLY going to use this, is it worth that kind of money for that number of uses, does it allow me to experience my art the way I desire…


3. Describe a real life experience that inspired you artistically

I use to live in Greenwich Village in the 60’s… and we use to try and raise money for different community affairs, and so we use to draw on the sidewalks with chalk and have a coffee can near us… there use to be 10- 15 of us… and we would all be working on each others art… it was very rewarding, learning, and loving in so very many ways… I learned so many different wonderful techniques, drawing skills, loving feelings about others, and also the art of enjoying people of all kinds. We are all so very wonderful when we connect with our hearts and allow that energy to flow out to others. Since that time, I have loved following my BLISS… which is my art of life. This is one of the reasons that when I became an Art Therapist, I was so very comfortable with that profession.



4. Whats the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?

To follow my BLISS in all ways, at all times.


5. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?

Have a successful etsy store… LOL.. truth. I use to have a few spare guest rooms… and one is filled with all my art projects that need homes… from cards, (over 2000 cards) tags, boxes (over 200 plus), books that need to go to people to fill with their pictures, little art books from challenges, Journals that I have made, jewelry, framed Zentangles, way to many zentangles unframed that need to also find homes… (well over 500) and the list goes on and on… and then I found huge bins of things that are all vintage from my Mother and MIL that need to find homes too… OMGoodness.. will I ever have this spare room back??? So I am trying to have a successful etsy store now…if you would like to visit and take a look… you might even find something that you would like to make room for… I am at Love, Light and Peace on etsy.
I am very prolific so I think I will have things to sell for at least a few months… LOL… what do you think.. maybe a generation or two also… I love to create.



6. Is there something you wish you were better at?

Yes… a lot of things… mainly following my BLISS all the time… I love to do my art with paints, inks, paper and scissors… but I also love to cook… I have written a few collaged cook books that are selling pretty good… Cook Your Art Out and also Cook Your Art NOW… but I would like to write a book that is very detailed with the ART of Cooking in the truest sense… creating with what you have on hand. Sort of like creating a piece of Jewelry with something you have on hand.. that is why I have created this piece of jewelry today… it is something that we can all create… very easily, with things that we have on hand… think about it as you look at this necklace… HOW CAN I MAKE THAT… I would do this differently and this … and I would add this and that… and now that you have that in your mind, make it… I would like to be able to teach that to others to do with cooking, living, and also in the arts… so very important to become self sufficient in so many different things on this particular Earth Walk… making a statement of Love, Light and Peace.

 
7. Describe yourself in five words

Creative, Energetic, loving, artistic, prolific!!! I need to balance MORE… and am working on that NOW.  Balance in all things.


***********************************


Thanks so much for being here Bonnie! We are so glad to have you here with us for a second time.

     ....now it is time to shine the spotlight on the Top Talent creation - So let's see what Bonnie made for us this time!





Bonnie has made us a wonderful handmade necklace! To see some more details on how to make it please click this link


 




 









I love this Bonnie! This is such a gorgeous necklace - I am sure you will be inspiring many people to have a go! It really has been such an honour to feature this wonderful creation at Our Creative Corner.
 
Thank you so much for being such a wonderful Top Talent in the spotlight!
 
If you want to see more photos and details of this wonderful creation and find out how it was made, then please go along to Bonnie's blog and say "Hello" - I am sure she would love to see you there!


***************************************

Would you like to see your work here in the 'Our Creative Corner' Spotlight?
You could be here as our 'Top Talent' with the spotlight shining on something you have created! 
All you have to do is enter the It's Magic challenge and if you are picked as the winner you will be invited to appear here as our Top Talent and have the spotlight shine on something you have made. We will also ask you some questions so that we can be nosey find out more about you....

You could also be one of our Top 3 and you could even be the lucky winner of a voucher to spend at the Nicecrane Designs
There is one more week of the It's Magic challenge left, so why not have fun creating!
You have gotta be in it to win it!
Happy Crafting! 
Laura xxx



7 comments:

  1. Again I am blown away by your versatilty, Bonnie!

    That necklace looks as if you had a wonderful time creating it and as if you have put a spell on each of the beads! LOVE it to bits! And reading your answers was a treat too! Thank you so much for being with us (again) and sharing some of your thoughts and art with us!

    Big hug and wishes,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blown away by Bonnie's creativity, but not surprised! Bonnie is one of the most talented crafters out there! These necklaces are amazing!! Hugs,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you back as top talent Bonnie with your show stopping necklace.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, this is fabulous Bonnie! I am on my way to check out some more details on this wonderful project! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! hat's one beautiful piece Bonnie...you are so multi-talented and am glad I have opportunity to view your works and learn. Congrats on being the Top talent here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A glorious piece of art jewellery - wow! Another uplifting and fascinating insight into your creative life, Bonnie, and congratulations on your second win... well deserved!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Bonnie’s work…she does amazing work and this piece is not exception…fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx