Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Nicecrane Designs Sponsor Spotlight No.3

Hi everyone - It is Sponsor Spotlight time again at Our Creative Corner!

Our generous sponsor this month is Nicecrane Designs 



I chose some gorgeous images to use! I had a small glass jar that I thought might make a nice tea light holder. It was put away for the right time and when I saw these images from Nicecrane Designs I knew I had found the perfect thing to decorate the tea light holder.




The first thing I did was change the images to sepia, which is very easy to do using any photo editing program.

I then cut out the images with an oval cutter that I have. I stuck all the images onto the glass jar with Matt Multi Medium.
























 I also used one plain paper oval that I had stamped 'Joyeux Noel' and some flourishes in Potting Soil Archival ink. This was stuck onto the glass with multi medium too.


Then I painted all around the the glass jar with a couple of coats of Nougat Fresco paint. When doing this I wasn't planning on being too 'neat' - I wanted it to have a slightly antique, chipped and cracked appearance.


After dabbing the paint with some Gathered Twigs DI, I covered the painted area with a coat of crackle glaze. When the glaze was dry and crackled, I rubbed in some Chocolate Pudding Fresco Paint and wiped away with a baby wipe.


   The jar was then given three coats of matte varnish.


Lace was stuck to the rim of the jar and a bit of Vintage Photo DI was smudged around the edges.


A ribbon and a rose was stuck onto the jar


 .......and there we have a Vintage Christmas decoration!




Hope you liked it! To be in with a chance of winning some wonderful images from Nicecrane designs just join our 'It's Magic' challenge hosted by Kerstin!

       
Happy Crafting!





13 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful Laura, love the crackle effect with the light. Many thanks for this wonderful christmas inspiration! Hugs, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, Laura! The light makes the crackle look even more delicate and highlights it perfectly! What a brilliant idea! LOVE your vintage shabby X-mas make!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, loved the crackle effect and the images. It looks even more stunning when it is lit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the crackle effect …gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Laura and your crackles are amazing.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous - gorgeous crackle effect and the images look stunning in sepia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Laura. I love the way the crackle is enhanced by the light. Gorgeous.
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This looks so beautiful with and without the light! I love how it is so different when illuminated yet one can appreciate all that wonderful crackle when the tea light is out. A magical make. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and simple, too!! Laura, this is a Fabulous home décor piece to keep :) or a fantastic, one-of-a-kind Christmas gift to give! Completely Awesome use of Nicecrane's digi's!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful project, such sweet images, love the vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Laura this is totally wonderful!! It just oozes vintage gorgeousness, I adore it! What a completely stunning way to use those images! The crackle on the outside looks amazing and I love the way it looks when the light inside is on, - just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so beautiful. Loving every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx