Monday, June 1, 2015

What Makes You Smile!


Welcome to my first time as Challenge Host at Our Creative Corner!


This is my challenge :   What Makes You Smile? 

Close your eyes for a few minutes, relax and think about something that makes you smile..............

It could be a special person, a favourite place, a quote, an incident, the list is endless!

Your June challenge is to create something that will make us smile. I
t could be a scrapbook or journal page, a canvas, a tag, whatever your imagination dictates.

I am intrigued to see what you might make and look forward to viewing your creations

*********************************************

Just a quick mention about our Sponsor this month 

Tando Creative! 

One lucky randomly selected winner will be receiving a package of Tando goodies! 


Now lets see what the team at OCC have made to inspire you this month....

 Jan
 

I decided to create a scrapbook page with my favourite photo which my husband Photo Bombed in Spain! I used Prima papers, paints, die cuts and made the shells and sea glass.


**************************************
  Kerstin



My first thought to this theme was my dog for many years.
As he was a puppy he had always fun to pull out the laces from our shoes.
He no longer does this, but it is always something new thought out, it never gets boring ;-)!



**************************************
  Ana


 
What makes me smile? Lately free time, especially walks through the forest ….I decided to make a frame full of natural pieces, which reminds me of my walks even when I don’t have time….

 
**************************************
  Lys 

  
Many things make me smile... but these days, I think about lightness, party, sun and music... and I smile!


 **************************************
Laura 



Old photographs!...Wondering what their story is? - That is what makes me smile.
I really love seeing old sepia photos used on creations with lots of layers...
Faded sepia colours decorated with ephemera, lace, tissue tape, flowers and buttons...
That is my recipe for crafty happiness!!!


 ************************************** 
 Trish 


What makes me smile? Lots of painty messy-ness, and drawing quirky figures! 
 So, that's what Ive created, a quirky figure on a painty background!


************************************** 
Julia


Thinking about warm summer days by the sea makes me smile. 
None more so than those days when my daughter was small and we would 
walk to the beach almost everyday - come rain or shine!
   
**************************************
  Candice 




"I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness 

the astonishing light of your own being."
-Hafiz of Persia (12th Century Poet)

What makes me smile this month is the celebration of this "enlightenment".

I attempted to create a wearable metaphor to that effect, by upcycling burnt out "Fairy Light" bulbs, and some dusty bits and pieces into this bright and energized earring and choker set.

   ************************************** 
   Laurie



Making handmade gifts with love that bring joy to others always makes me smile!



  **************************************
 Shari



Sunflowers, Sunflowers, Sunflowers is the something that makes me smile!
  I made this simple card honoring my most favorite, smile producing flower!  

 **************************************



Wow, thank you so much everyone! What a great selection of different ideas. Fantastic inspiration for crafters to feast their eyes on!

So what makes you smile?

Come and join in the fun at Our Creative Corner with us this month and share something that makes you smile...

You could be our winner and join us in the Top Talent Spotlight! Or you could be our randomly selected winner of some Tando goodies! There is always a Top 3 badge too!

 Hope to see you soon!

Jan xxx


20 comments:

  1. Gosh! Such an amazing array of talent & creativity, Ladies! It's always so fun to see the collection of everyone's individual styles come together for each new challenge every month! I may look forward to the unveiling of the monthly challenge as much as our wonderful participants! Way to go!! Happy June Everyone!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! One of the best inspirational bundles of DT projects I have ever seen! It's amazing to see all the brilliant individual and imaginative interpretations and each and every single piece of art really made me smile (including the short explanations - thank you so much for sharing these as well!)! Mixed media have never looked better! Wow!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge! Beautiful makes by your DT! Cats make me smile - hope to be back to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual I am in total AWE of all the amazing projects designed by this wonderful team!!! I am really looking forward to see all the entries that come from this great idea for a challenge. I'm Smiling already!!! Have a happy crafting day everyone. XXX Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these pieces really made me smile, great work everyone. Looking forward to joining in with this fun June challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really wonderful ideas and great inspirations for this very creative challenge theme! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A whole month full of smiles! Happy to share with you, teammates, and I can't wait to see the entries on this new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the talent on this team is awesome! All the projects are so inspirational, I am looking forward to see all the entries! Hugs Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great inspiration teamies!!! Fab projects, fab theme! Can't wait to see the entries! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic mixed media pieces...I love every single project!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You have some of the most talented artists right in one spot! amazing inspirations from the entire Team! And you know what makes me smile right now? Seeing you hosting this month, Jan! So good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, what a great challenge & your DT pieces are wonderful! Pussycats make me smile, every time without exception. Putting that into a challenge is tricky but I will definitely try! Oh how I wish I could draw!! Tfi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous work as always by the design team! Love this challenge theme Jan, it gives me an excuse to do what I love most, play with new products and techniques!! Thanks for the inspiration. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing,,,thanks, DTs!
    Hugs from Brasil
    Marlei

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great theme Jan and wonderful creations from the DT here at OCC! I tried to comment on your blog Jan about your lovely page but Wordpress keeps telling me it's a duplicate comment so I'll say here how much I love your scrapbook page and your theme, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb for trying, it can be difficult! Hugs Jan x

      Delete
  16. What a fun theme! Thank you for the challenge & incredible DT inspiration. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning creations DT and what a fabulous theme!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh I'm blown away by the creative talent of the DT!! Such a superb variety of inspirational projects!
    I am so happy to have found you! Smiles.

    Great challenge theme too I love it!
    I think your blog made me smile this morning! :0)
    Hugs,
    Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx