Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Christmas Leftovers Winner and Top 3

Hello Everyone!

Pamellia here to bring you the Winner and Top 3 from my 'Christmas Leftovers' Challenge.

I was just blown away by the spectacular projects that I saw last month! I've never seen so many crafty uses for leftover bits in all my life! I would like to thank everyone who raided their recycle bin and turned garbage into art! What a talented group of artists you all are!

First let's announce the randomly drawn winner of the prize donated by our wonderful sponsor last month Nicecrane Designs:


The lucky winner selected by Random.org is...

 Karen P

Congratulations Karen!!! We hope you have a lot of fun with your prize!
*******************************************************


And now on to my 'Christmas Leftovers' Winner and Top 3...

The winner of my 'Christmas Leftovers' challenge is -



I fell in love with this project the moment I saw it! Such a gorgeous card full of frosty layers and shimmery bits, a work of art by anyone's standards! Glamour and grunge married together, what a beautiful sight! There are so many wonderful textures and frosty metallics, I dare you to not to ooh and ahh!

Sara really captured the spirit of my challenge, she used so many leftover Christmas bits on her project and in such creative ways. Acetate packages, bit and bobs from the Christmas tree, gift packaging...every piece of this stunning card came from something that might otherwise have ended up in the trash.

There was just no denying the work, creativity and brilliance that went into this stunning card! Every detail thought out and carried out with incredible style and flair!

Well done Sara Emily and Thank You!


And now for my Top 3 (in no particular order)




Cec's amazing sewing kit was originally a Christmas gift card tin! Can you believe that, what an amazing use of an item that would normally go in the garbage! I just love the aqua and gold palette and there is so much detail on such a tiny surface, absolutely fabulous project from top to bottom!




Niki's steampunk work of art was made out of lots of leftover Christmas bits, including one of my favourite ideas for recycling ever...her 2014 calendar!!! WHAT!!! Absolutely incredible! There are so many wonderful textures and details here that I had a hard time looking away once I saw it! Spectacular job!


RosA


I almost fell over when I discovered that this gorgeous wintery book was actually made out of a leftover shortbread cookie box and textured with leftover tissue paper!! AMAZING!! I just love the frosty colours and the wonderful techniques used to create this fabulous project!


***********************************************


Thanks so much to all who entered my 'Christmas Leftovers' challenge. There were so many wonderful projects to choose from, I really wish I could have featured more of them!

You could be here next month as our Winner or Top 3 - Just hop over to Julia's 'Tic Tac Toe' challenge and have a go! You could even win a prize from this month's sponsor
Tando Creative!

Remember, you have to be in it to win it!
Hugs, Pamellia :)

13 comments:

  1. Oh, MY WORD!!!! I cannot believe my Frosty card was chosen for Our Creative Corner's challenge for Christmas Leftovers! Thank you, Pamellia, for choosing this to be a favorite and for all your amazing compliments about this piece! My head is so huge, it will be impossible to get up off the floor, where I have just landed after learning about winning! This was indeed such a fun challenge to use up those scraps and other tidbits I simple could not dispose of! Well done, Karen--enjoy your prize! And Cec, Niki, and RosA, I am humbled and honored to be among your wonderful entries in the winning line-up! Your projects are all spectacular! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winner, and the top 3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Top Three are completely scrumptious - congratulations to everyone! They are all awesomely inspirational and make me realise that I must play and learn more mixed media techniques. I assume I need to contact someone so will do that in a mo - thank you all KP xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all the winners, well done. Sara your work was spectacular and had the most recycled bits and bobs, great work. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing projects from everyone, congrats to you all! Sara's project is simply stunning Such a well deserved win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your artwork is really lovely and creative. Congratulations to all of you. j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the lucky winner and fabulous top three Pamelia, wonderful creations by those talented gals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm absolutely over the moon at being amongst the winning creations!! It was a fun project and I love to recycle all sorts of things. There were so many terrific entries, honestly, I am quite overwhelmed to have been chosen. The other winning entries are all so gorgeous! Thank you Pamellia :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the winner and wonderful top three. All beautiful projects

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations ladies! Sara Emily your card is wonderful, a well deserved won! Congratulations also to Karen, Cec, Niki, and Rosa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well goodness gracious! First I want to say Congrats to Sara and her well deserved win for that scrumptious design and congrats to Karen, Cec, and Rosa! Secondly-I am more than thrilled to be in the top 3 of this wonderful challenge. I love challenges that make you think outside the box and use items that you may not have thought could be art. One persons trash is another's treasure, right? My little steampunk piece was trash and now I will treasure it. Congrats to all the players for finding time to craft and enjoy their art. Big big hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all the lovely comments here and on my blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx