Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tic Tac Toe. . . Let's Have Some Fun!


Good morning everyone. Julia here to share the February challenge at Our Creative Corner. I've decided to go for a Tic Tac Toe grid which gives lots of scope for inspiration! Here's the grid and challenge brief for you:




For this challenge please:


  • choose one line from the grid shown. This can be a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line but you must select the middle square as one of your choices. 
  • What you make is your choice but please ensure that the three items you have chosen are clearly visible on your make. 
  • Please state in your post which line you have chosen. 
  • Inks, stains, sprays etc can be used as necessary on your project.


Please  read through our rules - we only have a few but it's best to be clear about everything.

Now let's have a look at the wonderful inspiration provided for you by the Design Team:



I've used the line: Die cuts, Stamps & embossing folders (inside my box). This is a little pewter effect gift box ideal for Valentines Day or any other special occasion.

 **************************************

Candice 

I chose the Metal, Stamps and Paste Medium and created a gratitude journal cover.
 I used 2 different kinds of paste medium to create the textural effects.

 **************************************

I chose: paint, stamp and stencil for this fun challenge. I'm trying new color combos 
I have not used before and I'm enjoying the outcome.

 **************************************

This was not a very easy game of Tic-Tac-Toe to play - there were so many fun choices!
 I finally made my creative Tic-Tac-Toe move horizontally with: Paints, Stamps & Stencils to create the first page of my very first art journal!
  
 **************************************


I chose: Embossing Powder, Stamping, Lace and Twine from the grid. I made a Heart Shadow Box to give to my Husband on St. Valentine's Day in February.
 ************************************** 


I loved Julia's challenge and could happily have chosen every segment of her grid, - but that's not the challenge of course, so in the end I chose: the horizontal middle column of Paints, Stamps & Stencils and made this canvas board that in time will be turned into a cover of a journal.

 **************************************


I chose Paints, Stamps and Stencils for this Photoframe in vintage style.

**************************************



Choosing between vertical and horizontal line I finally decided to use a diagonal line: Lace, Twine, Ribbon etc; Stamps & Embossing Powders.....I made a mixed media tag, stamped and an embossed pear rounded with twine. Hope you get some inspiration.

**************************************


I chose Paints, Stamps and Stencils for this card which celebrates painting, to be sent for a birthday  this month.

 **************************************

I chose crackle paint, metal and stamps and created this hanging 
in gorgeous rusty colours. 

 **************************************

Pamellia
 

 I chose Paints, Stamps and Stencils to create this wall hanging for my craft room. A little spring and a little bling to brighten up my space. 


Wow, thank you so much for making these gorgeous projects for my challenge! I'm sure you can't fail to be inspired by the wonderful art created by the Girls today!! 

If you want to know any further details about any of the creations you see here today, then please click the link on the designers name - they would love to have you visit! 



 *********************************************


Our wonderful sponsor this month is:


The people at Tando produce some amazing products which can be altered any way you choose


Watch out for two DT Spotlights this month featuring products from Tando 


If you are one of our entries that get picked by random.org this month you will receive a generously donated gift from Tando!

If you are picked as the overall winner of this challenge you will be given a badge for your blog, you will be invited to feature something you have made in a Top Talent post and you get to answer some questions so that we can find out more about you!

If you are one of our Top Three you get a badge to display on your blog and the picture of your creation will be proudly displayed on the OCC Pinterest page


Can't wait to see what you come up with and remember - HAVE FUN!!

Julia xx

16 comments:

  1. Ladies, I believe you have surpassed yourselves this time - these creations are some of the best I've ever seen on OCC! Thank you so much for displaying such wonderful creativity and creating these beautiful pieces of art for my challenge. I am proud to work with you all.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What absolutely stunning creations from all the DT, great inspiration! Hugs Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely works by the Dt's and what a fun challenge! Cant wait to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try this challenge, plus wonderful designs ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning and inspiring samples by your talented team

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous inspiration! What an amazing bunch of designers! Great challenge Julia! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - such an amazing bundle of DT inspiration! Love all the projects, ladies! So proud to be able to work alongside all of you! Mwah! X
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! All these creations are really fabulous!!!!
    A great and fun challenge, thank you Julia! Will join in if I can find a bit of time, would be a pleasure :) Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have got to agree with Julia's comment above...these are some of the finest creations I've seen as a group from the Design Team! Really just wonderful projects! I can't wait to have a look at each close up on the blogs. For now, I was able to link up something I just made this weekend, which happened to have a majority of the tic tac toe squares! Let's see what else I can do after a long hard look at the inspiration here! Fun Challenge, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great inspiration from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Julia for great cahllenge! And you, dear teamies...awesome work,every single piece is awesome!!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an incredible array of talented designers and projects! Wow! So happy to have found your challenge blog! :-D
    Hugs,
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for another great challenge and such awesome DT inspirations! I think I started to play with MM in part because of the awesome creations I see hear - so thank you Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, ladies for this great challenge! You are all so talented and the creations are amazing! So inspired!
    Hugs from Croatia!
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous challenge just had to play along as I love Tic Tac Toe challenges stunning DT creations ladies
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great inspiration by your design team!

    Thanks for a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx