Sunday, February 22, 2015

Merry LITTLE Christmas Top Talent




Welcome back to another Top Talent spotlight at Our Creative Corner!

Today we are shining the spotlight on the winner of the 'Have yourself a Merry LITTLE Christmas' Challenge'

Julie was chosen as the winner and we are thrilled to be welcoming her as Our Creative Corner's Top Talent this month...

Before we show you Julie's amazing creation, let's just spend some time finding out a little bit more about this very talented lady.....




1) Where do you Live?

I live in the Pacific NW region of the US just a smidge north of Seattle.



2) How long have you been crafting and what made you start crafting?

That’s hard to answer. I think I came out of the womb crafting! As a child I always enjoyed art and creating things. There was a long lull in the years between high school and the birth of my daughter where I didn’t express myself creatively very often. A friend introduced me to scrapbooking when my daughter was born and I’ve been a goner ever since for all kinds of paper crafts.


3) What if anything, do you consistently draw inspiration from?

Almost the first thing I do every morning is turn on the computer and start perusing my favorite blogs. There are so many incredibly talented people out there. I am also fortunate to live in an area with spectacular views and Mother Nature never fails to inspire.


4) What is the most useless item that you have purchased for your craft?

Stickers. I have so many stickers that I purchased back in my early days of scrapbooking. They are gathering dust now. I should donate them.


5) What other hobbies or talents do you have that you'd like to share with us?

I love to bake and get my hands dirty in my garden. I don’t know if this is a talent but I can come up with a song for almost any comment (I can picture my kids rolling their eyes at this!).


6) Do you live by any motto or philosophy?

"What’s the one important thing today?”

My husband came home with this concept one evening after a work seminar. I have a tendency to (attempt to) multi-task to the n-th degree. When I pause to ask myself this question it really puts things in perspective for me.


7) What three things do you think of most each day?


My children (I have three wacky, funny, smart and challenging young people in my life – all teenagers) are at the top of the list.

Every day I try to do something arty – ATCs, cards, art journaling or something for my Etsy shop.

Lastly, what should I make for dinner?!






***********************************


Thanks so much for being here Julie! It was great to find out more about you! We are so happy that you could are here today as our Top Talent....


....So now it is time to shine the spotlight on the Top Talent creation - let's see what Julie made for us!




Winters can be pretty soggy and grey where I live so for the ‘Anything Goes’ theme I decided to incorporate a little taste of spring (I am so ready for warmer weather!) into my project. Last spring I went through a brief birdhouse phase but didn’t get this one completed. This poor little thing has been sitting, neglected, on my desk since then begging to be turned into something.


Here is how it started. I had a vision for it at one point and had gessoed and painted it in preparation.


Here is my finished little fairy cottage. I would be enchanted to be working in my garden and uncovering a little dwelling such this. One of my favorite parts of it is the moss – it’s from my backyard!





This is so gorgeous Julie! It is so wonderful to see a bit of spring peeking in right now! - I am so glad that this lovely bird house got completed! It really has been such an honour to feature this beautiful creation at Our Creative Corner.
 
Thank you so much for being such a wonderful Top Talent!
 
If you want to see more photos and details of this wonderful creation and find out how it was made, then please go along to Julie's blog and say "Hello" - I am sure she would love to see you there!


***************************************


Would you like to see your work here in the 'Our Creative Corner' Spotlight?
You could be here as our 'Top Talent' with the spotlight shining on something you have created! 

All you have to do is enter the Tic Tac Toe challenge that Julia is hosting this month. If you are chosen as the winner you will be invited to appear here as our Top Talent and have the spotlight shine on something you have made. We will also ask you some questions so that we can be nosey find out more about you....


Happy Crafting! 
Laura xxx



6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little bird house, too good for the garden! Love the mossy bits. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and darling is that little bird house! I would love to find it in my backyard as well. Awesome job Julie! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely little bird house Julie! Nice to get to know you a little better. Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful fairy house, so bright and happy! Great to get to know you better Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers Julie! so nice to get know you! Lovely fairy house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie your house is gorgeous and it`s nice to know you a little bit better...thank you!
    hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx