Sunday, February 8, 2015

Tando Sponsor Spotlight

Hello everyone and lovely to see you here!! Today I am sharing our first sponsor spotlight for February from our wonderful sponsor  TANDO CREATIVE


Here is what I made:
Now what strange thing is this you may wonder, well this is what it looked like to start with:
Three Houses in a Box
It comes flat packed of course, which is just as well, as it make it a lot easier to decorate, here you can see all the pieces:
I started by putting the 3 little houses together. Unfortunately as it was evening, I could not really take step by step photos, but below you can see what they looked like after I had painted them, - great fun to do.

I had been thinking for quite a while  in what style I would create my little houses. In the end I decided they reminded me of little fairy houses and as my grand daughter loves fairies, I thought this box could be a gift for her. The roofs of the houses were covered first with dark brown paint and then with different mixes of embossing powders, I used Stampendous Frantage and Ranger Antiquities powders in rusty and verdigris colour tones, to give sort of old and mossy effects..

 Next came the inside of the box. I decided to add some bits of texture to make it look mossy and fairy like once painted:
Here is a close up, it's done with strips of cheese cloth and other bits from my fabric box.
Next I gessoed it all, spreading it on with a palette knife and with a stipple brush added some more texture:

I then set to work with my Decoart Media Acrylic Paints, trying to create a kind of fairy landscape.
I also melted some more embossing enamels over the textured bits for some fairy sparkle and to create a similar effect to the roofs of the houses. I also tried to create some depth and light in the trees. Sadly the embossing hardly shows up in the photo. The effect looks great IRL, in fact one day I may do a canvas in this way.

Here is the inside with the little houses in place:
Now to the outside of the box, - I covered it  in Gesso, painted with off white acrylic paint and did some stencilling with texture paint on the lid. The fairy I used to decorate the top of the lid was made by stamping with a really old stamp I found in my box of wood mounted stamps. I coloured it with Distress Markers and fussy cut it.. I also stamped a decorative stamp on the sides of the box, I think it's and Alphastamps stamp.
Here you can see some of the stencilling on the lid, as the inside is quite bright, I wanted to keep the outside more neutral.
A close up of the fairy, tucked in between some flowers so she will stand.

I had great fun making this, Tando have some amazing products to alter and have fun with. Don't forget to have a look at our challenge this month. We have some wonderful entries already, but there is still plenty of time to play, and don't forget, a randomly drawn entry could win a voucher for some Tando products, and of course there will be our winner and Top 3 too.

Well, thank you for visiting here today, I hope you have enjoyed my project, and don't forget to come back in 3 days time to see what our surprise guest designer will have to show you!


42 comments:

  1. Oh my! This is enchanting! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fairy box Astrid your granddaughter will adore it.....it's magical and the textures and colours are perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Astrid your make is awesome, inside and outside! It is wonderful how you decorated little houses and fairy between the flowers is so cute! Well Done!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Astrid, this is gorgeous! I love how you painted the little houses, it looks like a little fairy princess village! Beautiful texture design on the lid and your fairy is so precious. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what can I say, this is gorgeous, I love everything about it...the way you textured it, colored it; it is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done!
    Your houses are ever so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgious project dear Astrid, great structure, great images (love the houses in the box)!! I just love it!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beyond beautiful, love the colors and textures

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG these are so cute!! I love what you did here ... who would know when that box is opened just how beautiful the scene is. Well done Astrid I truly admire your work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Astrid, this is soooooooooooo gorgeous and sooo cute. Really awesome work here as always, and I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Afternoon Astrid. What a treat this was to come and see your stunning Fairy houses. I was blown away when I saw it and wanted to reach out and touch it too. It looks so magnificent and your Grand-Daughter will love it. Looking forward to seeing you on the 20th. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Astrid, this is amazing!! I love the box and how you put it all together is fabulous! I love the texture and the embossing really does make the roofs of those adorable house look mossy! The little fairy on the top of the box is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, those tiny houses are so cute! What a delightful little scene, any fairy would be happy to call this her home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Fit for a princess! Love the woodland floor and the cottages are so beautiful! Chris:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful fairy village, dear Astrid,- hidden in the beautiful green forest , and adorable with the tiny houses. Your granddaughter will surely fell in love with this wonderful piece. I love that two of the houses looks like old brick-houses, and all the texture you created for the ground.
    The outside is so beautiful with the flowerfairy and the wonderful stenciled pattern on the lid !!
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an enchanted and enchanting creation, Astrid!

    I know how hard it is to capture the effects from embossing powders or other shiny effects, but your little fairy village looks already wonderful with just the hint of the bling added to it. I am sure your grand daughter will love and treasure your fairy village box!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colours are stunning .it is a beautiful work of art

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful and beautiful gift this box full of surprises as we discover the details! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a delightful project, so enchanting and beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing it Astrid :) Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just beautiful what an enchanted project!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love the fairy village! Wonderful job. You should be so proud. Your very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Astrid! This is truly amazing! I want to find this faerie village and live there. So many incredible things you have created. Bless your heart for sharing it with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I am so loving this wonderful fairy village. It is so sweet and much work and attention placed in its construction. Thanks for sharing! P.S. I bet your granddaughter will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for this post.
    Great ideas for the little Putz houses I bought to make for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunned - wow - everything you make just amazes me. Wonderful. j.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Simply wonderfully enchanting Astrid!! I'd live here!! heehee ")

    ReplyDelete
  27. Astrid dont know what to say. But this is AMAZING....STUNNING... FABULOUS !! Gosh you made an awesome job on this !!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have always loved little things and I must admit - I do believe in fairies! Can you hear me clapping?
    Your granddaughter is going to be thrilled and what a keepsake made especially for her by her grandmother.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so beautiful and so many layers of yummyness.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aww, it's just too beautiful, Astrid. It's the sort of thing which you can 'get your teeth into' and let your imagination run free with. I love those sorts of projects. I get my most favourite results from this type of thing.

    I bet your granddaughter will go crazy when she sees it! (I know I would, and I'm a gazillion years older than she probably is! lol).
    Love ~ Cobs. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh this is gorgeous, what a magical effect you created! Ilove the embossing powder effects to create moss. Your Granddaughter will love it. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Astrid,
    Any fairy would wish one of those houses were its abode. Oh isn't this just brimming over with whimsy and all that gorgeous texture and beautiful and skilled handling of the various media. To top it all, that sweet fairy on the lid.
    Such a sweet creation.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  33. Amazing creation, Astrid!! How Awesome are those fairy houses!! Completely wonderful!! It's really cool how everything is enclosed in its own box! Just WOW!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  34. It is absolutely wonderful Astrid - I have seen this set on Tando's website and had no idea how anyone would decorate it - thank you so much for sharing how you created/decorated it.
    Also just wanted to check you received the email I sent a week ago about the random win Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I haven't had an email from you but don't worry...I have your email address from your entry and I have sent it to Nicecrane designs. He will be in touch with you very soon about your prize. Congratulations on being our winner - hope to see you again soon! Love from Laura xxx

      Delete
  35. Sorry I'm late to say WOW!! This is so gorgeous Astrid and those sweetest of little houses in your hands are magic. So Clever. Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabulous fairy house, such a clever design and your theme is perfect
    So special and magical

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  37. How fabulous is that, great kit but brilliantly transformed....just the sort of thing I'd have spent hours playing with when I was little...your granddaughter will love it I'm sure! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a enchanting village for sweet little fairies. I can just image them playing and living there. What a wonderful gift for your granddaughter have and enjoy. Beautiful done! xxx Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love those little houses, especially their 'weathered' look....magical and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx