Thursday, November 1, 2012

Top Talent Thursday

Welcome back to
Our Creative Corner
I am thrilled to introduce someone I know, (in the blogging world) I have followed Evelyn since I started up a blog, so for me this is a little special, I will add here that I do not pick the winners of the Challenges, there is no favouritism and winners are chosen on merit and excellence. This very special lady, who makes beautiful cards is also a very talented photographer, and although you will not have the pleasure of viewing her photographs here on Top Talent Thursday, you will have the gratification
 of seeing her cards.
 Evelyn...'Beyond Just Black and White.' who was not only the winner of our
 'Sketch' Challenge but also 'Fall in a Circle.'
So huge congratulations are definitely in order to our first
 Double Winner!!!!

So let's meet her!
1. Where do you live?
I live in Elgin, Oregon a small rural town in NE Oregon.  I’ve lived here 36 years, teaching high school English for 26 of those years.

2. Describe your most 'productive' crafting environment.
My most “productive” crafting environment is always when I’m surrounded by all kinds of supplies.  My little craft room is filled to the brim, so I’ve moved to the kitchen peninsula.  (That’s another story!)

3. What techniques or routine do you employ to inspire yourself?
   My inspiration generally comes from paper and the colors in that paper.  Inspiration is sometimes long and painful for me; often, I just sit with a piece of paper in my hand trying to figure out what I’m going to do. I struggle the most with design, so I save computer files of cards that impress me. I also enjoy altering a variety of items. 

4. What supply wouldn't you do without when it comes to stamping?
When I considered the supply I wouldn’t do without, my first reaction was “craft sheet.”  
It helps me keep my mess somewhat contained.  But I’ve made cards without a craft sheet; I’ve never made one without a Tombow permanent mono adhesive tape runner. 
 I buy them in bulk. 

5. What colour of glitter do you feel accentuates your clothing best?
I rarely use glitter, but if I were to choose one to accentuate my clothing, it would be silver.  Although my wedding ring is gold, all my other jewellery is silver in color.  

6. Any one tip to organize your craft room?
“Organization” and “craft room” aren’t in the same sentence in my life!  My husband would laugh out loud at the thought.  My dream organizational tip would be to purchase a large (think giant) unit of wide, shallow drawers for my wood-mounted stamps, which I prefer over the unmounted ones, and which now fill plastic drawers that don’t stay on the tracks.  
  (Gosh Evelyn I thought having been a Teacher you would be very organised!!!)
Thank you so much Evelyn, it has been very interesting to learn more about you.
Now please enjoy the three cards that showcases her style and you will all agree they are gorgeous. 
 
Her first card uses the versatile Penny Black 'Cheerful' Flower Stampwhich she has fussy cut and layered.



The placement of your ribbon on all your cards is perfect.
Thank you Evelyn for being our Top Talent (Double Winner) and sharing such wonderful inspiration with us! If you want to learn how Evelyn made these cards, hop over to her BLOG

Evelyns photography Blog is: Within My Focus
 If you would like the opportunity to be part of
'Top Talent Thursday'
at Our Creative Corner, it is so easy just join in our current challenge:

There's still time to participate.

"The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it."
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

2 comments:

  1. Many Congratulations Evelyn on your double win and being in the spotlight today. Your cards are very beautiful. I've popped over to your blog - you create absolutely gorgeous pieces. Your photography blog is fabulous too! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Evelyn and it's great to find out more about you. Well done for being a double winner. That's quite an honour!! Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx