Saturday, June 15, 2013

Recipe - Part 2

Welcome back to the second of this month's inspirational instalments from the Our Creative Corner team!


Thank you so much to all of you that have taken part in the 'Recipe' challenge so far. There has been another really great response and all the team have had so much fun visiting you all and seeing what wonderful creations you have shown us.

The first two weeks of the challenge started with half of the team showing you some creations to lead you on your way down your own creative path. Now the rest of the team are here to provide you with even more inspiration! Before we do that, here's a quick reminder of the Recipe ingredients list (remember, you need to use at least one from each list).


List A
List B
List C
Lace
Metal
Inks
Fabric
Wood/MDF
Paints
Ribbon
Clay
Stains

I am sure you are impatient to see what has made for you to view here today so here goes...




Anne

I was delighted when I saw the challenge that Jenny set for this month as it meant that I could do one of my favourite chunky ATCs from a woodblock. I chose Paris for my theme and the wonderful Prima Engraver  papers to match a crystal knob I have wanted to use for ages.





















List A - Lace
List B - Metal and Wood
List C - Paints




What a yummy challenge Jenny has set for us this month - so many of the choices are right up my alley!


List A - I used fabric (burlap, always a huge favourite of mine) and ribbon
List B - Metal (I just love the metal floral filigree piece and this was the perfect opportunity to use it!)
List C - I used lots of Vintage Photo Distress Ink to sponge the edges of my papers




With my crafting time under pressure through only being with my stash for half of each week, it's great to make something purely for the sheer joy of it... so Jenny's Recipe challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to just play with lots of my favourite things!



List A - ribbon
List B - metal
List C - inks and paints



Claudia

I created this tag inspired by some images of torn old wallpapers, peeling off the walls, letting show the various layers of old wall paints through with some areas... a kind of beauty in decay which I love very much as it tells a story about the nature of life in general.



List A - Ribbon, lace and fabric
List B - Metal (heart)
List C - Distress Inks, acrylic paints


There are two more weeks of this challenge left, so why not have fun creating whatever takes your fancy using ingredients from each list and join our Recipe challenge.

The deadline for this challenge is Friday 28th June at 11.59pm.
The winner and Top 3 from this challenge will be announced on the 8th July.

The winner will be invited to appear as 'The Top Talent' here at OCC, have a short interview (so we can find out all about them) and there will be a 'Spotlight' on a new project they have created.

The winner's Top Talent interview and creation will be on the 22nd August.

Make sure you join us again for those dates and remember that the next challenge will go 'live' on 1st July when Linda announces her theme. Come and see what surprises are in store for you and where your next OCC challenge journey will take you!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so proud to be a part of this team... what magical creations from Anne, Linda and Claudia - yay!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous creations all. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations from you, ladies!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pieces all of them, they really show just how versatile this theme is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, teamies!
    Your creations are just awesome! I am so proud to work alongside you on this team!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such gorgeous designs for all the team! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, some beautiful and inspiring work from my team mates! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx