Sunday, September 22, 2013

'Captured Memories' Top Talent



      Welcome back to another Top Talent spotlight at Our Creative Corner!

   This time we are shining the spotlight on the winner of the 'Captured Memories' Challenge hosted by the Funkie Junkie - Linda.


    Our Creative Corner is so happy to be welcoming Susan from klistersøster who was also one of our most recent Top 3 - She is definitely an artist to watch! If you haven't been to her blog to see her amazing work then you really should head over there!

     Susan has done as she always does - created an artistic wonder!.....but before we show you the amazing creations - let's find out a little bit more about this very talented lady.......


1.)  Where do you live?
    Copenhagen - Denmark

2.)  Describe yourself in five words
    I'm a curious, homorous, aesthetic and stubborn collector.
 
3.) What makes you happy?
  For many years I've been collecting papers of every kind, and often I've been asked: "Is there a Paperwar coming up?" Colours - watercolours, pencils, pads, acrylic - you name it. My holidays must be by the seaside, and I love listen to music when I create my scraps.

4.) Describe a real life experience that inspired you artistically
Three years I lived on the little island Samsø, and its landscape with bright light and colours gave me great inspiration, and still does.
 
5.) What is the most useless item that you have purchased for your craft?
In the beginning when I was making scraps, I had to own a machine for diecutting, and I invested in a Double DO and accessories. On a fair I bought a small set of Tim Holtz movers and shapers that I liked very much. When I came home, they wouldn't DO. I complained so much, that on the next fair my husband took part and bought a Sizzix big shot for me. Now the Double DO is collecting dust.
 
6.) If you had a time machine, that worked only once, what point in the history or the future would you be most inspired to visit and why?
I would visit the medieval time/renaissance, and it would be cool to be a pupil of Leonardo da Vinci! His steampunk creations I really adore ;-) 

7.) Do you have any personal goals you have attained or would like to attain in the future?
 I like to be in a constant developing state, and be able to follow all the new trends.

           


     And now lets take a peek at Susan's stunning creation in the spotlight...

Susan made some gorgeous Tarot ATC and Tags for us....



  
Thank you so much Susan for being here today in the Top Talent Spotlight and creating such beautiful ATC's and Tags for us......



If you want to see more photos and details of how these were made then please go along to Susan's blog Klistersoster and say "Hello" - I am sure she would love to see you there! 




Would you like everyone to see your work here under the 'Our Creative Corner' Spotlight? You could be here as our 'Top Talent' with the spotlight shining on something you have created! All you have to do is enter Anne's 'Forgotten Things' challenge.  There is one more week of her challenge left, so why not have fun creating! 

Make anything you like - containing an item that has been forgotten about for a long time or a technique that you haven't used for ages. Please remember to let us know what the forgotten thing is.
         

      We all hope you will come back to see us on the 1st October when Julia will be presenting her challenge for all of you....See you then!










4 comments:

  1. It was fascinating to read all about Susan and her ATCs and tags are just stunning, I love her wonderful use of colour! I love that she would go back to see Leonardo's wonderful steampunk creations too... that would be amazing. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are fantastic! I am so proud that we have such a talented artist with us this month!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards and tags - the use of colour is so wonderful, and the images are fantastic, Lovely to get to know Susan better - I've been a fan for a long time!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx