Friday, August 22, 2014

Flaming June Top Talent

Welcome back to another Top Talent spotlight at Our Creative Corner!

This month we are shining the spotlight on the winner of the 'Flaming June' Challenge that was hosted by Julia!

Our Creative Corner is so pleased to be welcoming Shari from Aint that Artsy Fartsy
 
As usual, before we show you Shari's stunning creation - let's just spend some time finding out a little bit more about her..... and there is no better way to introduce this fabulous crafter than the introduction she wrote herself!


Hi There!! I'm Shari Trumbull and I'm SUPER DUPER excited to be a part of Our Creative Corner for this Top Talent spotlight.  I was shocked and happy when Julia selected my 'June in Orange' tag as her top winner of OCC's June challenge - 'Flaming June'.  There were so many wonderful creations in orange, that I just didn't think I'd have a chance!  But, here I am, with this wonderful opportunity--Gosh, I hope I don't blow it!!




 1.   Where do you live?   

I live in Sagle, Idaho-USA, which is in the panhandle of Idaho state, about 50 miles or so, away from the Canada/US border.  I've lived here in Idaho with my hubbie, 3 dogs and 2 cats for 5 years now, moving from the Seattle, Washington area where I lived for over 18 years after transplanting from Southern California (from the hood to the woods is what I say!!).


2.   How would you describe your art for the general public audience if they have never seen it before?

Gosh, I guess I'd say I create "art of all trades"....I don't subscribe to any one particular genre of paper crafting, per se--I Love It All and love learning and trying new techniques whenever I can.  Maybe experimental?

3.  If you have lost your Mojo, how do you go about getting it back?

If I find myself stumped and struggling (which may be more often than not), I usually take a break and go do something completely uncreative...like go outside and pull weeds during spring/summer--shovel snow during winter!  I find, if I take my mind somewhere else (where I don't have to 'think'), I will eventually receive that "light-bulb" moment to get my mojo back in gear! 

4.  Do you pre-sketch a design or do you just wing it? How long does it usually take you to make a project?

I don't pre-sketch designs, but, if there's a cool design out there that has caught my eye, I will attempt to recreate it in my own way, for my projects.  Depending on the project, I could take a couple of days to make something, but other times, I'm so in the moment, that I can whip something out in a few hours!

5.  What was the last thing to make you feel happy?

This is a loaded question :)  Winning OCC's/Julia's Flaming June challenge made me happy; having this opportunity as OCC's Top Talent makes me happy; watching the Hummingbirds at our feeders makes me happy, whistling to my Daisy kitty makes me happy....see--loaded question :) 

6.  If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?

Well, a different state....hmmmm, that's a hard one as the area of Idaho that I live in is beautiful...But, my dream country to move to is Italy.  I'm a quarter Italian, and it's a fantasy of mine to learn to speak Italian (I LOVE the Italian language), so that I could go there and live and find my Italian-family roots.  I'm also a quarter Norwegian, Welsh and German--all regions/countries that I'd like to visit and soak in!

7.  Do you have any personal goals you have attained or would like to attain in the future?
Oh yes and yes! I believe in setting goals for myself and I've set and attained quite a few, especially the 'big' ones I set for myself last year; Start a Blog (done), Send cards/tags to my fav crafting magazines for publication (done and still doing); Apply for DT spots for my fav blogs and stamp mfgs when they become available (currently doing); Take creative classes online (currently doing); Join in as many creative challenge blogs as I can (currently doing)--the list goes on!  Setting goals for myself helps keep me focused and motivated.  It's such a reward when I can mark things off of my Goal-To Do List! 






If Shari had made it part of her 'to do' list to amaze us with her creation then she can say she achieved her aim! - this is so beautiful!













 



This is gorgeous Shari! So many beautiful details! It has been such an honour to feature you today at Our Creative Corner.
Thank you for being such a wonderful Top Talent in the spotlight!
 
If you want to see more photos and details of this wonderful creation and how it was made, then please go along to Shari's blog Aint That Artsy Fartsy and say "Hello" - I am sure she would love to see you there!




Would you like to see your work here in the 'Our Creative Corner' Spotlight?

You could be here as our 'Top Talent' with the spotlight shining on something you have created! 

All you have to do is enter the 'Summertime' challenge.
You could also be one of our Top 3 and there is even the chance to be the winner of a super summer themed prize kindly donated by Crafty Individuals... 

There is one more week of the Summertime challenge left, so why not have fun creating! 

Happy Crafting!
Laura xxx








 

9 comments:

  1. Thank You soooo much, Laura & Julia and Our Creative Corner for this tremendous honor! I've had so much fun joining in the monthly challenges and even more fun working on (boo-boos and all) this special canvas for this Top Talent Spotlight. I'm just beside myself happy!! :) Thank You!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous make from Shari and such a well deserved winners spot!! This project is stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful piece Shari!! That's why you were my winner. I love your work and we must keep track of each other. Lovely to find out more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic double butterfly canvas - glorious work, Shari! And lovely to read some more about you and your process.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shari, as usual, your artwork is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful artsy project, Shari! LOVE all the awesome texture and detail!
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at OCC!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful canvas from Shari. I like so much that she worked on both sides of the canvas.
    She always creates such wonderful art that it has been such a pleasure to see her as a GD.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx