Friday, November 15, 2013

Tic Tac Toe - Part 2


Welcome back to Part 2 of November's "Steampunk Tic Tac Toe" challenge with some mid-month inspiration from Team B, and the reminder on almost two more weeks' time for entering our challenge!

Today I also have the special pleasure of introducing to you our new DT member Astrid from Astrid's Artistic Efforts! It is her first make as an OCC design teamie and I know that you have been eagerly waiting to see her "act" ;)

Your entries for our challenge so far are overwhelming and I am already blown away by your creativity! Narrowing them down to one winner and Top3 will definitely be a tough one!!! Uh oh! ;)

Let me show you the Tic Tac Toe diagram again: you have to choose three ingredients - all of them in a straight line (horizontally, vertically or diagonally) and let us know in your post which ones you have chosen (don't forget about our challenge rules either ;).



Let's see what the DT chose to play with:



For my very first project for Our Creative Corner I made a wall plaque out of mount board. I used  Tim Holtz's Eroded Metallic technique as explained in Creative Chemistry 102. I decided to go with the top line - Wings, Gears and Wire - and had great fun putting all my various elements together, after a good bit of rusting of course. I am very excited to be part of this team and hope you will like my first make.





I felt a little bit out of my comfort zone doing a Steampunk project but in the end, I loved it!  I went for the top line of Wings, Gears and Wire for my card.



Linda


I don't really have a knack for Steampunk so coming up with an idea/design for this challenge was a bit of a struggle.   While doing some research on Steampunk, I realized that you can basically Steampunk anything.  I'm moving into full Christmas crafting mode and I thought why not Steampunk a Christmas stocking...so I did.  
I chose the middle horizontal line - Flourish - Texture - Heart. 



Alison


We seem to have been very attracted by the first row of the Tic Tac Toe... I'm another Wings, Gears and Wires player!  I knew from the first moment of seeing Claudia's fabulous Steampunk Tic Tac Toe choices that a wire crinoline skirt was going to feature, though I thought it might be fiddly.  Turns out that was the easiest bit!  Trying to get the rest of my ArtAngel to behave was quite a game, but I'm pretty happy with her in the end.


***


The challenge is open until November 28th! Enough time for you to show us your Steampunk Tic Tac Toe!!!  So come and share your projects here.  I hope I can get some of you out of your comfort zones as well and have you enjoy a new experience ;)

Hugs and happy crafting,

Claudia xx

5 comments:

  1. You certainly took me out of my comfort zone Claudia but I absolutely loved it! Fabulous work by my teamies. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I am sooo proud of being part of this awesome team. (Have to say it again- yessss!). Your steampunk pieces are absolutely stunning - and if you haven't told I would never have guessed that anyone here has been working out of his comfort zone at all!

    Thank you for all your brilliant makes!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each of the design team have created awesome works of art! All very inspiring!!!!
    Great job ladies!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful steampunk makes dear Teamies!! Fabulous.
    Juliaxx
    Like Claudia, I'm so proud to be part of this team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another month where I'm just so proud to be part of this team!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx