Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Very Vintage Christmas Top Talent


Welcome back to another Top Talent spotlight at Our Creative Corner!
  
    This month we are shining the spotlight on the winner of the 'A Very Vintage Christmas' Challenge that was hosted by me!

     Our Creative Corner is so pleased to be welcoming Ana from anina-papirckalnica who won the Very Vintage Christmas challenge with her
stunning altered box.

     
     As usual, before we show you Ana's amazing creation - let's find out a little bit more about this very talented lady.......





1.) Where do you live?

I live in beautiful Slovenia in little town Kocevje. We have the largest old-growth forest (also primary or virgin forest) in Central Europe, habitat for many wild animals, like brown bear, wolf, fox and lynx.

2.) What do you enjoy most about crafting?

I love to say that crafting is my escape from reality. When I am in my "craft space" I can really clear my mind, forget about everyday problems and just enjoy.

3.) If you lose your Mojo, what do you do to get it back?

Usually I just go visit my blog friends at their blogs (few of them are very talented designers here at Our Creative Corner)….there are so many talented people around blog land, it is impossible to leave without inspiration. I also find inspiration in the nature...as my other “big love” is collecting mushrooms, I love to spend my free time in the forest and just a quick look around it’s enough to have a new idea in the head.

4.) How do you react should an item you are working on ever go 'wrong' - or should I say 'not to plan'?

If there is no chance to hide or fix "the mistake", I throw everything away and start all over. I learned that this is the easiest way to avoid stress...lol.

5.) Please tell us about any items in your craft stash that you can't be without? What is your favourite 'must have' item for crafting?

I can’t “live” without Distress inks (Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain; it is obviously...lol), good scissors, scalpel and glue.

6.) Do you pre-sketch a design or just wing it? How long does it usually take you to make a project?

No way.... I just go with the flow. Some projects turned out completely different from what I had in mind at the start. I am mostly a weekend crafter, so I try to finish the project during those two days...usually I have the base done very quickly in 1 or 2 hours, it all depends what I am creating, but I am a bit of a perfectionist and I need more time for details, sometimes I am not happy with end results for a few days....

7.) How do you spend your time when not crafting?

At the moment (last few years...lol) I don't feel like I have much free time, but beside crafting I enjoy nature - listening to the sounds of birds or rain, seeing the stars at night, collecting mushrooms ... I love spending my free time in the nature.







Ana has created one of her wonderful books for all of us to see - how amazing is this?







Thank you Ana for being an amazing Top Talent in the spotlight for us today..... and thank you also for taking the time to design such a gorgeous project for us. It has been such a pleasure to feature your work.

     If you want to see more photos and details of how it was made, then please go along to Ana's blog 
anina-papirckalnica and say "Hello" - I am sure she would love to see you there!



                    Would you like to see your work here in the 'Our Creative Corner' Spotlight?


You could be here as our 'Top Talent' with the spotlight shining on something you have created! All you have to do is enter Jenny's 'Three Colour Challenge'

You could also be one of our Top 3 and there is even the chance to be 
the winner of the $20 to spend at the Nicecrane Designs store - kindly donated by our Sponsor this month - 'Nicecrane Designs'
            
          There is one more week of Jenny's challenge left, so why not have fun creating!
    
   Don't forget that I will be back here on the 25th to show you my Nicecrane designs  Sponsor Spotlight! I hope you will all come back to see what I have made!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Ana's book is stunning! Ana says that she is a perfectionist and it really shines through in this wonderful creation. It is always lovely to learn more about our Top Talent Spotlight guests too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so interesting to find out more about the approach Ana takes to creating her beautiful projects. Can't wait to go over and take a much closer look at this wonderful book. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Ana!
    You did your book-magic again! I so love your self made books. They always look as if they hold the most delicate story treasures!
    Thanks for sharing this magnificent creation with us!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow.. I am a big Ana fan and this piece takes my breath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning vintage creation from Ana - you've really done us proud with this extraordinarily beautiful book!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting post that I enjoyed reading.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally LOVE Ana's work and this book is yet another example of her amazing talent! Wonderful to see her in the spotlight here and find out a bit more about her! Ana it sounds as if where you live is a magical place and I love that one of your hobbies is collecting mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really honoured to be spotlighted here in such a beautiful company! Thank you very much for nice comments! Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to have a little insight into the life of such a talented lady! Makes me want to move to Slovenia and pick mushrooms with Ana, listen to the birds and look at the stars thank you Ana x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx