As some of you will know already, our sponsor this month is the wonderful Ignacio from Nicecrane Designs
Here is the project I made:
I started out with the idea of creating just a vintage tag, so I actually began with what I like to call a mop up tag, - (tag to use up inks on your craft sheet after doing something else)....
I cannot be sure anymore which colours I used exactly, I am guessing Rusty Hinge, Pumice Stone, Gathered Twigs and definitely some Peacock Feathers too. I chose it because the colours kind of matched the image I had chosen to use. If you look carefully you can see there is also some text stamping in there, done with Picket Fence Distress Paint.
Here I added some more depth to the background by stenciling with two colours of Archival Ink, Potting Soil and Hydrangea through the Tim Holtz Doily stencil.
Time to start thinking about layering up the tag:
Another bit of leftover card and my chosen image, suitably distressed around the edges.
The turquoise bit of card was created using a cool technique of blending various colours of Archival Inks and then spritzing with some surgical spirit (rubbing alcohol) in a spritzer bottle and then melting various embossing powders over it. below is a close up sadly not showing all the metallic sparkle of the melted powders:
I used the strip as a kind of "belly band" and tucked the image underneath it, then embellished the tag with a flower and sentiment, a bit of trellis, a paper clay piece and a ribbon dyed in colours picking up the turquoise colours in the image.
It all looked a bit bare somehow, so at that point I decided to make it into a card. I created two pieces to layer behind my tag:
A piece of Kraft core run through an embossing folder
A left over piece of Tim Holtz paper altered with some Picket Fence Distress Paint and Stamping and Kaisercraft Background stamps stamped in Potting Soil Archival Ink.
And here finally is the finished card. As you can see, I added a few more flowers and lace, matted first on white then on Kraft and added a few more embellishments. Below a close up of the flower cluster still. The flowers were all altered with home made sprays to pick up some of the colours in the original French Vintage Postcard.
Hope you like my vintage card, and if you have not done so yet, please play along in our current challenge "Handmade Flowers and home dyed Ribbon" and you are in with a chance to win one of Nicecrane's wonderful collage image sets yourself!!
Thank you for visiting and please come back on the 22nd to see the Top Talent from our "Love those Leftovers"challenge!!