Friday, May 15, 2015

Designs by Ryn Sponsor Spotlight

Jan here, Wow, I am delighted to highlight our amazing sponsor for May - Designs by Ryn.


I love her stamps. They are so unusual, detailed and stamp perfectly every time. I was able to choose which stamps I would like to use. YES, I got the bubbles, water drops and the gorgeous fish.
Many thanks Ryn!





I decided to create a diorama card, for the fish to swim amongst sea weed and coral. It was very fiddly because it was my first attempt at 3D paper work.

This is how I made the card.



The background was stamped, embossed and inked. The bubbles were embossed with white opaque powder. The fish was stamped with Mermaid Lagoon and a background of blended DI.



The second layer, using coordinations paper, die cut with TH Elegant Flourishes to create seaweed.



I stamped and embossed the fish on watercolour paper and cut them out.



I coloured them and added fussy cut layer fins and tail to the front fish, then added Glossy Accents.



I scored and folded the sides of the card and then added the layers with slots at the side. Sorry I forgot to take photos of that part - very fiddly!



The three pieces were layered with double sided tape to the folded sides. It looked quite bare so I added more seaweed using Tattered Pinecone leaf die.



The top layer was die cut with TH thinlets to resemble coral.



I stamped some oriental text on the top layer and added Rock Candy Stickles to the coral.

I was really pleased with how the card turned out, I hope you will be inspired try Ryn's stamps, they are beautiful to use.

Join Shari's April Showers brings May Flowers challenge  and you could be the lucky winner of a Designs by Ryn prize!

There will be another spotlight of Ryn's stamps here on the 19th May! Don't miss it!







13 comments:

  1. What a stunning result with the Designs by Ryn stamps!!!
    Greetings Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan this is incredible. Love the way you created this 3D view for these gorgeous fish using the stamp Design by Ryn. Totally stunning! xoxox Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Jan! The 3D effect is amazing, perfect for those fishes in the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, this is amazing!!! Love the depth and the illusion of movement that you have created. Using the swirl flourish as seaweed was genius! Fantastic creation all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Jan, this is amazing!! All of the fiddliness,and thank you for putting yourself through that, made for one AWESOME 3D diorama scene! :) :) Just WOW!! You've brought Ryn's images to life in this Sponsor Spotlight!! I can't seem to stop saying WOW!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful idea Jan!, love the 3D effect, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous and I love your layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO CREATIVE!! I love the depth of the layers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everyone, thank you so much for your lovely comments. I hope you are inspired to try Ryn's stamps too. Hugs Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gracious Jan - 3D and more! FABULOUS. j

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous piece Jan! Love the layers and the colours are stunning. Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx