Monday, May 11, 2015

Flowers in the Rain

Happy Monday!!  It's me, Shari and today I'm happily here to introduce you to our Guest Designer for May--

Yvonne Blair--Life's Little Details

If you don't know Yvonne, you should!!  She's a multi-tasking artist extraordinaire to say the least.  I don't want to give too much about Yvonne away but, if you're lucky enough to live in The Villages, Florida-USA, you may find Yvonne at her art and scrapbooking supply store 'She Scrapbooks & More'.  Yvonne also travels the nation teaching her brand of creativity and just this year, at the CHA Megashow in Anaheim, California-USA this year, Yvonne released her own line of Quirky Girl Stamps through Impression Obsession!

Welcome, Yvonne.....

**************************************************


Hello all! I would like to say thank you to my friend Shari for inviting me over to "Our Creative Corner" to play along with her challenge of April Showers brings May Flowers
I am so excited and honored to be here...

So here is a little card I made in honor of the challenge...I hope you enjoy. 


Distress Ink is definitely my medium of choice...I love it.
It is, I think, the most versatile ink on the market.
You can do so many wonderful different techniques with it. 
I started off by stamping my Poppy stamp onto a tag with Jet Black Archival Ink. 
(It's of course a permanent ink so I love that I can ink and spray on top of it.)
I blended on Mermaid Lagoon and Peeled Paint using an ink blending tool all over the tag
Didn't worry about the flowers because we are going to layer on top of them. 

 
Once it was all inked up and blended out I then used the famous "spritz and flick" technique from Tim Holtz. If any of you aren't familiar with it you spray some water into your hands and turn your hand over quickly and "FLICK" the water onto the inked surface.  You get these lovely little water marks.  (this represents April showers for me, wink) and it just gives it some delicious texture and dimension! 

 
Next,stamp some more Poppy's onto another tag or manila surface.  Then take some Fired Brick Distress Stain Spray (boy that's a mouthful) and Spray the Poppies...I really don't worry about being neat here at all, lol. 

 
Now, you want to apply some stickles.  ( I used Star Dust) 
I think everyone should have Crystal, Diamond and Star Dust in their stash, hehehe.
Those are the ones I reach for all the time!  Let that dry and then "fussy" cut the Poppies. 

 
Next,you will adhere those fussy cut poppy blooms with a pop dot near the top and flat to the card on the bottom of the bloom.  This gives it a more realistic dimensional look. 


I love to dye seam binding too.  I buy it in the 100 yard spools.
I used Peeled Paint Distress Stain Spray, sprayed it on my craft sheet, added a bit of water and rolled the seam binding around in it.  Then I take some paper towels and crunch it in a ball.
This takes out the excess moisture as well as adds some nice crinkles to the ribbon.  
Then dry with a heat tool and create a bow. Adhere that to your card. 
I stamped some Dandelion Balls in the same Mermaid lagoon to add a bit more to the background. 
Colored a ticket stub, adhered the bird and then adhered the whole piece to a card. 
The card background was 8 1/4 x 8 1/4, scored it at 4 1/8 then adhered my tag to the card foundation. 
The tag itself is 4 x 8.  


I hope you enjoyed my version of April Showers brings May Flowers!

I so enjoyed the opportunity to be a guest designer here at Our Creative Corner and thank you for letting me come over and play! 

Now, I hope you will get busy and join in their Challenge FUN!!! 

Go on...Go get creative! wink.

Thanks again, Yvonne Blair 


***********************************************

Holy Moly, Yvonne!!  I do believe it is we at Our Creative Corner who are honored to have you here as our Guest Designer this month!  Thank You for this incredible and vibrant April Showers Bring May Flowers creation!  I love it!! 

We're barely at the half way mark for this month's challenge.  You've got plenty of time to create and enter your April Showers Brings May Flowers project.  The link closes on May 28th at 11:55pm GMT. 

Hope to see you soon!!




11 comments:

  1. A feast of Distress, colour and gorgeous images. So wonderful to have Yvonne sharing with us here at OCC. Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this incredible tag! Great tip for "spritz and flick" technique to get a fabulous background. Thank you Yvonne for sharing you talent with us, it is a real treat to have you here. xxx Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari...you are too sweet! I so enjoyed being able to participate and play with your challenge! Fun fun! and who doesn't like the chance to stamp with flowers??? Thank you for having me! All you girls over here are amazing! What a fabulous team you have and so much fun too. Thank you again! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tag ... fired brick flowers pop against that peeled paint, mermaid lagoon background ... love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vibrant colors, cool design, delightful way of telling us how to do it. Gotta love that
    Quirky Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love it! Distress is so versatile and can give so many different effects. Beautiful tag x

    ReplyDelete
  7. No idea why but I love that you added the dandelion balls - however - most gardeners would say they shouldn't be found near the beautiful flowers you created!! Not me!!! FABULOUS project Yvonne! j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your background DOES look like it is raining - so fun! Your flowers are beautiful. It all is! j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, such a lovely contrast of colours and technique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!
    Beautiful! <3
    Abrazos :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx