Monday, February 22, 2016

Top Talent For 'Wish Upon A Star' Challenge

Good morning everyone, it's time for another Top Talent spot here at Our Creative Corner. Our guest today was the winner of Trish's challenge 'Wish Upon A Star' so please welcome the hugely creative:


Yulia produced a beautiful star creation which captivated our imagination. Let's find out a little more about Yulia:

Where do you live? 
 I live in Russia. In the Urals. In a very picturesque place. Most of the time I spend in the village barn. Here it is insanely beautiful - mountains, rivers, lakes.
How would you describe the type of crafting that you do?
Scrapbooking to me is a vacation from work. Where you can let go of the soul and to get away from the experience. It's my salvation. I treat people and get to see a lot of suffering ... and when I do scrapbooking, all the pain that I have seen, leaves.
Name three art supplies that you could never do without.
I like to use chipboard, sisal and micro beads.
Name one artist that inspires you and tell us why.
The favourite artist I do not have. I like very many. It all depends on my mood.
Which is your favourite 'go to' technique when crafting?
Techniques such as embossing and stamping.
Which is your favourite season or occasion to craft for?
I always enjoy creating. I'd rather do it without any special reason, just for pleasure.

Yulia, thank you so much for sharing a little of your life with us. I feel so inspired by your answer to the second question. I think Yulia's answer to this question gives the reason that so many of us turn to our crafting - to escape and dwell in a world which soothes our souls, even if it's only for a few minutes at a time from our everyday lives. 

Here's the beautiful project which Yulia created for us and she says that this piece is a 'visualization of my dreams - a trip to Venice'. 







What an absolute feast for the eyes this beautiful project is Yulia! The colours and textures are superb and it is certainly one of those projects which I would love to see in real life. Wonderful close up images which give us so much detail to drink in. The opulence of the piece, the palette and that gorgeous mask just shout Venice to my mind. I'm sure that you are all delighted to see Yulia's project and I hope it inspires you in your crafting. Thank you Yulia for joining us - it has been an absolute pleasure to work with you. Please drop by Yulia's blog by following the link near the top of this post - you will not be disappointed by what you find.

Would you like to see your work showcased here in the coming months? This can only happen if you link up with us for one of our challenges. There's still time to join us for Jan's February challenge which is Sew and Sew - just click on the link and find out all the details and have a look at the wonderful inspiration from the DT.

Our generous sponsor this month is: 
 Darkroom Door will be giving our randomly drawn winner one Rubber Stamp Set 
which is valued at $31.95 AUD 

I have another wonderful Top Talent waiting in the wings for you for next month. Just pop back to Our Creative Corner on the 22nd March and all will be revealed! Thank you so much for joining us today.

 Julia xx














4 comments:

  1. Very nice work. Julia is very talented, alter scrap is its strong point. Let the wish will come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's go to Venice, Yulia! Your creation gives really this feel, what an inspiration! How I share your thoughts put in your crafting motivations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge gratitude of Trish, for an inspiring task! I thank girls for the put trust! And separate gratitude of Julia for her long-suffering connected with difficulty of the translation)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx