Thursday, March 21, 2013

Top Talent Thursday





Welcome back to Our Creative Corner.
Our Top Talent this week probably needs no introduction, as most who have been around the last few years would have come across her blog at some stage and most have probably reacted to her work in a very positive way. Her creativity is boundless, the pizazz and spontaneity along with the enthusiasm and alacrity oozes from her work like globules of water bouncing off a hard ground; it is mesmerizing.

So without further ado, I present to you our winner of the Challenge ‘Stitching and fabrics’ and our Top Talent this Thursday: 

Anita- The Artful Maven Haven.
 Anita added this little message to her project. 
“It's a real honor to be showcased here today at my old creative stAmping grounds! I loved my time here and working with you ladies was absolutely wonderful!
Thank you so much for having me.”



1.) Where do you Live?
I live in the West Texas area, in a smallish city called Midland, which is halfway between El Paso and Dallas, hence the name given from back in the old cattle driving days.

2.) Do you enjoy 'stepping out' of your comfort zone? If so Why?
Yes, I do, but not until after I have thought about it for a few minutes. After the "Stress!" leaves, the "I can do this." comes, and after I've finished the whatever it was, the reflective "See what you learned?" fills my mind. I ultimately find it refreshing.

3.) Do you have any personal goals you have attained or would like to attain in the future?
Absolutely I have! Just being on Design Teams were dreams come true. AND, then came Ranger U. I can't even find the words to tell you what that meant and what that has done for me. It was truly a dream come true. I highly recommend it to any of you who love Ranger products. I am now teaching classes using the techniques I learned there, and that has been a huge blessing. I love teaching and I really love demoing the products for people. I am doing what I love to do!

4.) Describe yourself in five words?
The Bad: a hoarding, fowl mouthed, dirty minded, over-eating, insomniac
The Good: a kind, giving, hard working, comical, helper

5.) What other hobbies or talents do you have that you'd like to share with us?
I am one of those people who has to try everything, and I want to be good at it. Although I have to admit I am not...lol! I do love to bake and cook. I love to watch movies. I love to travel. I love to eat good food. I love pretty much every type of crafting and genres of Art. I have a love affair with shoes and handbags, because they don't care what size you are...believe me, it is a hobby! I secretly love to organize, but I just don't make the time for it I should. And, I just love to sit and talk, especially while crafting. Are all of these hobbies? YES!!!

6.) If you had a time machine, that worked only once, what point in history or the future would you be most inspired to visit and why?
 This question is tooooo hard!!!! There are too many stops I'd want to make. There are too many people in history I am interested in...namely Jesus. Hmmm....
My time machine would have to go back in time a good ways...before technology ruled the world...when people still wrote letters...when manners were still the status quo...probably the late 1800's or early 1900's. It would be cool to see the first car, the beginning's of the industrial age....no...too much Downton Abbey I think. Really, this question is too hard. I have too many questions about history and want to know more. I'd want to see what happened to the dinosaurs; see the splendor of the Garden of Eden; see the parting of the Red Sea; see the pyramids being built; see who shot JFK; see if aliens really landed at Roswell; see how those stones were moved at Easter Island, Stonehenge, and places of their likeness; see if there was a continent of Altantis. DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN??? I have too much racing through my head, and I could not pick one. I'd probably just stay home just to avoid the decision.

 Now enjoy what Anita has created for us.

 
Thank you Anita for being our 'Thursday's Top Talent' and sharing such wonderful inspiration with us.
I would urge and encourage you to pop over and visit her Blog to see more of her commendable work, plus a step by step tutorial on how she made this canvas, and whilst there spend some time viewing her other tutorials, she does them on most of her creations, not only will you pick up more inspiration but helpful tips on techniques and products.

Anita-The Artful Maven Haven


If you want the chance to be part of Top Talent Thursday on Our Creative Corner, then just join in our current Challenge here you still have some time to participate.

Smiles:)
Sue.


"The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it."
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

10 comments:

  1. An absolutely stunning piece of artwork. So very eye catching and bright.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Anita for being top talent Thursday guest. I have always admired Anita. Beautiful piece and fun answers to all the questions. I would like to go back to the same era, by the way hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo Anita!!! Loved your reasoning for handbags and shoes..LOL. Gorgeous artwork displayed here today and congratulations on being the Top Talent Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Anita! Love this piece. Really all your work. Fun, fun interview. Nice to get to know a little more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay... Anita, it's so great to see your beautiful work. Love your style!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Q&A - thought-provoking and great fun, just as I'd expect from the fabulous Anita - and what a show-stopping creation too!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey again Anita! Enjoyed your q & a - thank-you for being you and for your wonderful talents! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey. I am from and in Odessa. Nice to meet you. Where do you teach Ranger products?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Anita!! What fun things to learn about you ... I never knew!! Such fun! I do believe you need the Tardis time machine from Dr. who - you can get in once and go any time you want:) visited you about your gorgeous canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I know why I like you so much!! We have the same interests and thoughts about time travel, shoes and handbags. It would be too hard to choose the time period, for all those reasons. In the meantime you are making good use of your artistic time....this project is stunning! Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx