Thursday, March 28, 2013

Top Talent Thursday



Welcome back to Our Creative Corner. and once again it is that time where I have the pleasure of presenting someone special,  and this week it is our winner of  the ‘Let’s get Sketchy’ Challenge, and our Top Talent this Thursday.

Heather Dennis:  Heather’s Coffee Break.

Her two cards she has created for us are just delightful, but first let us learn a little about her.

 1.) Where do you Live?
I live {near} Myrtle Beach, South Carolina but was born and raised
in a little town called Old Fort in North Carolina.

2.) Describe a real life experience that inspired you artistically.
This is easy. What HASN'T inspired me artistically?
God's love shines through in EVERYTHING I see, hear or do. The birds singing, walking through the tall green grass, watching the trees change with each season. Everything is so amazing and beautiful and special. How can you not be inspired every day? Just step outside and look around. :)

3.) Are you a day-time or night-time crafter?
I am a mom, wife, teacher, chef, housekeeper, taxi driver and referee during the day.I am a crazy, caffeinated, crafting ninja at night! HAHAHA!

4.) Are you a Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall person?
OOOH... I love a little bit of everything about all of the seasons.
I will go with Summer because the kids are out of school and we can just enjoy our time with each other.

5.) How long have you been crafting and what made you hop on the creative train?
I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. My mom is SUPER DE DUPER creative and SO TALENTED! She has taught me so much and has passed on her talents to me as well as has spent time teaching my children when they go over to visit her. I thought I had lost my creativity when I became a mom. I did not have time to paint or do any of the things I had done before. When I started homeschooling, I thought I was going to lose it. {my mind that is} I NEEDED some sort of creative release. I stumbled upon a card-making group at an online site called CafeMom and was quickly sucked in. I started card making in 2007 and haven't stopped.

6.) Picking only one colour of paint, which would you prefer on your carpet?On my carpet? I don't have any carpet ;) lol!!! If I had to choose ONE I would choose....{oh why is this one so hard to answer?} I can't choose. My daughter said hot pink, so hot pink it is!

"The intense colour palette that Heather has chosen for her two cards just sing and vibrate. they relate joy and happiness; Yellow.
There is energy and passion; Red, and the Black gives the cards power and sophistication.
The palette is used wonderfully to create a very effective and dramatic design, and you cannot help but enjoy them, they are very pleasing to the eye."
 Just take a look and drool.....


Thank you Heather for being our 'Thursday's Top Talent' and sharing such wonderful inspiration with us.

HEATHER’S Blog: HERE

Happy Easter to you all.
Smiles:)
Sue.


"The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it."~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.


6 comments:

  1. What a great read Heather!! It was so much fun learning more about you and your duo card display absolutely made me smile. LOOOVE that we got to see the insides too. I agree with Sue, these are both droolabe! :)
    Hot pink??? LOL...love it.
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the honor of being featured! I cant express how excited and happy I was to receive the email. I also appreciate the lovely words you said about my projects! I am blushing!!!

    Sending you all smiles.
    Have a happy and blessed Easter!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are just fabulous! Heather, love to know you more through this post. It's so great to have you on our Top Talent Thursday! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. You couldn't have picked a better choice this week. Both Heather and her creations are absolutely amazing!

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we can all agree that Heather's creations are beautiful. I love the colors. The red, yellow and black compliment each other. And a Congrats to Heather for being a Top Talent Thursdays pick. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome write up about an awesome lady!! Great cards Heather!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx